About AAX Plug-ins
With the release of Pro Tools 10, our partner AVID has announced a new plug-in format: Avid Audio eXtensions (AAX). With Pro Tools 11, AAX has also become 64-bit.
We have been working closely with AVID in order to deliver the best integration of our technology into Pro Tools. We are proud to announce that all our plug-ins are now compatible with the AAX platform (32 and 64-bit).
- Our plug-ins are AAX Native. They are currently not available for the AAX DSP platform.
- AAX and RTAS formats for the same version of a plug-in are fully compatible: you can still open your older Pro Tools sessions with the AAX versions installed!
Which Format for Which Pro Tools?
So you are wondering which format you should download for your Pro Tools system?
- For Pro Tools 11, you need the 64-bit AAX version.
- For Pro Tools 10.3.5 and newer, you can use either the RTAS or the 32-bit AAX version (AAX recommended).
- For Pro Tools 10.3.4 and earlier, you need the RTAS version (latest AAX releases require PT 10.3.5 to run).
Note: on Mac, 32-bit and 64-bit AAX versions are packaged together into a single plug-in, so there is no separate download.
32 and 64-bit AAX Downloads
The plug-ins below are both 32 and 64-bit AAX, so you can use them in both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools 11. For older version of Pro Tools, you can still download the plug-ins in RTAS format.