Blue Cat's AcouFiend is an acoustic feedback simulator plug-in that can make your guitars scream, growl, or sing, even at low volume or through headphones, and it gives you total control over it!
AcouFiend simulates the acoustic feedback (a.k.a "Larsen effect") well known to guitarists playing loud and close to their speaker... Except that here, you have total control over the effect.
You can choose when and how to trigger the feedback, on sustained notes or chords. The plug-in lets you select the main harmonic of the feedback, and you can even choose to transpose it for more creative effects.
Of course, it can be entirely automated or controlled via MIDI.
And since it is a plug-in, it is not just for guitars: create screaming synths, sustained vocal harmonies and more...
- Acoustic feedback simulator.
- Total control over the feedback: adjust the rise and fall time, the sensitivity to pitch and amplitude changes, and the generated harmonic.
- Supports chords.
- Limit the range of notes that can produce feedback.
- Transpose the feedback signal to create harmonies.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
"I found a product that is so off-the-wall, and so fascinating, it really deserved being written about. [...] If you have an experimental bent, or just want to rock with feedback guitar, it’s well worth downloading the free trial to find out what this sucker can do. It’s impressive." - - [Read full review].
"I'm always partial to software that violates the laws of physics. Acoufiend gives you authentic "stack-turned-up-to-11" feedback effects in the box—no ear-shattering amp levels required. I'm not quite sure how they do it, and of course the sustain isn't infinite, but I don't care. It works, it's cool, and you can tweak it more deeply than it might appear at first. This is a home run." - - [Read full review].
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
For more information about supported platforms, see our Knowledge Base.