Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst is a free spectrum analyzer plug-in that lets you monitor the spectral content of your audio signal in real time.
This plug-in has been designed to provide extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency: unlike most spectrum analyzers, Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst is able to display continuous variations even with a very high frequency resolution, thanks to its unique smooth interpolation algorithms.
Most aspects of the audio to frequency display conversion can be managed, which lets you total control over the monitoring. A special thresholding system has been developed to help you see the important parts of the spectrum easily. In case you need extra precision in a particular frequency range, you can zoom the display and check the part of the graph you are interested in.
This plug-in supports Blue Cat's skinning language, so that you can customize the user interface to your personal needs.
For more advanced capabilities, check Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro plug-in, an extended version that offers many more features, such as saving/restoring curves, precise measurement tools, 3D spectrogram view, MIDI output. For multiple tracks analysis, you can use Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi plug-in.
- Mono and stereo real time spectrum analyzer.
- Total control over the audio to frequencies tranformation.
- Smart interpolation algorithm for extreme display smoothness.
- Zoomable display with multiple sizes.
- Custom absolute and relative thresholds.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
No Videos available. Please check our Youtube channel for more videos about this software.
Blue Cat strikes again with another quality product! [...] I really enjoyed this one on the last mix-down I had to do. It did a nice job and was pretty accurate.
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.