From a light ensemble to a deep destructive modulation effect, Blue Cat's Chorus can just do anything, for free!
The Chorus effect was originally designed to simulate several voices, just as if several persons were playing together the same notes, but with a variable delay between them. This is one of the typical effects that you can get with Blue Cat's Chorus.
But this plug-in also enables you to drastically change the original sound and create deep pitch modulation or crazy 'bubbling' effects.
With the additional "Spread" control on the stereo version, the famous stereo widening and head spinning chorus effects are a few click away.
- Single voice vintage chorus effect.
- Stereo spread control.
- Sine or triangle LFO shapes.
- In or out of phase mix control.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
The generous offering of a full range of time based modulators consists of very basic but powerful and versatile effects. The Blue Cat Chorus for example, is ALWAYS the first one I try for super rich detuning and haywire coloured effects, but at the same time, I find it can throw just the right wisp of mist into a warm string pad.-
"Looking very much as if it were inspired by Eventide Clockworks' 1970s effects, this terrific freebie comes in a wide variety of plug-in formats and provides a terrific-sounding chorus with a reserved but flexible smattering of controls. A random mode generates presets if you're not inclined to set them up yourself, and both mono and stereo versions are included."- [excerpt on musicradar.com]
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
Warning: because of a bug of the initial VST3 release, this new version may not work with existing sessions that used the VST3 format. See this blog post for more details and how to fix it.