Blue Cat's Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion: from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too!), and most importantly, yours!
Typical applications: Distortion modeling, guitar amp simulation, non-linear tone shaping channel strip, overdrive, bit crushing, analog compression, hard & soft clipping, coloring, tape saturation, Lo-fi, fuzz, digital noise, aliasing, filter effects.
Destructor is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machines...) or created by our destructive minds.
But the plug-in is not limited to these predefined models: all parameters of existing presets are fully editable, which gives you access to an unlimited number of distortion simulations - no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build your custom tone. And if you want to keep it simple, use tone maps to create new sounds without diving into the details.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, the signal chain is reduced to its bare minimum, simplifying the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix. You can also load and transform your own impulse responses to add color to your tone.
Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
To make the look and feel of the plug-in fit with your favorites tones, it is bundled with more than 1600 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
If you are looking for a complete amp simulation solution with effects, check out Blue Cat's Axiom. For frequency-selective or multiband distortion, the plug-in can be used in combination with Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing...
- Works for "clean" sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1600 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Tone maps: explore and morph presets in 2D to create new tones.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Load your own cabinet or reverb impulse reponses, transform and mix them with built-in simulations.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
"In summary, Destructor is a revelation, bringing awesome distortion and tone shaping to your DAW at a great price.[...] Guitarists will get right down with this authentic amp simulation, and electronic producers will find endless sound design potential behind its intuitive interface." - - [read review on musicradar].
"Having spent several hours finding my way around Destructor and putting it through its paces i'm happy to report that it really is as flexible and fully featured as Blue Cat describe. [...]
Destructor's interface is well laid out and a breeze to use; Blue Cat have went to great lengths here to make sure getting some fantastic sounds as easy as possible.[...]
Viable as a great sounding Amp sim as well as a downright filthy saturation and distortion plug in, Blue Cat Audio's destructor offers fantastic value for money." - rated "Excellent" by Watch video review here].- [
" Destructor doesn't look like an amp simulator, but let's not make the mistake of underestimating the immense scope of this plug-in: Destructor is all about distortion in the broadest possible sense, and that includes guitar amplifiers - basically all of them ever! From clean tones to mild overdrive to ultra high-gain, Destructor is equipped with all the tools necessary to deliver tones from across the board. [...] Look no further if you’re after a new and refreshing approach to the amp simulation game" - .
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.