Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay and multi FX that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in a single instance, with both serial and parallel routing options.
Typical applications: Plug-ins host, custom channel strip, parallel processing, effects chainer, virtual bussing, virtual instrument, share bus and plug-ins configurations between DAWs, VST or Audio Unit to AAX, Audio Unit, RTAS plug-in adapter, effect chains A/B comparison, standalone audio processing application, multi effects processor.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Use the built-in audio effects to add color to your own plug-in chains.
Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, audio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat's PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.
This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application, so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 16 audio channels.
Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and aux channels.
If you are looking for a multiband plug-ins host for multiband processing, check out the Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Also, any Blue Cat Audio plug-in is compatible and can be hosted by this software.
Copyright Note: VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
- Configurable VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- 30 built-in effects: Reverb, EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- Available as an effect, virtual instrument or standalone application.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 "pre" and "post" plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains, with phase flip, solo and gain controls.
- Multicore processing support for parallel chains.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control ("Mix").
- Parameters Mapping: map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible MIDI routing: connect sub plug-ins together or with the host application.
- Flexible Audio routing: connect sub plug-ins i/o to any audio channel.
- External side chain and multiple outputs support.
- Link pre and post gains for automatic gain compensation.
- Drag and drop or cut, copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring, built-in CPU meter.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Supports VST Shell plug-ins.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully customizable user interface, with multiple sizes.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
"Patchwork is hugely flexible - it can even run VST plugins in non-VST hosts, like Logic [...]. PatchWork works well and is worth every penny of its asking price." - - [read review on musicradar].
"Having had the pleasure of working with Patchwork and MB-7, I would most assuredly miss them if they were to disappear from my DAW. Enthusiastic thumbs up for both of these gems. Well done, Blue Cat. Very well done indeed!" - - [full review].
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
New Features & Improvements: