- Single Installer on Mac (all plug-ins formats).
- Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and "save as global setting" capabilities.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Unicode support.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- Windows: improved GUI loading performance.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- New high resolution graphics for knobs.
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Fixed plug-in layout not properly saved and restored.
- Mac: faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems (up to 8x faster).
- Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK.
- Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
- Mac: fixed registration dialog not working in some applications (LUNA, Garage Band, Gig Performer).
- Mac: fixed demo version causing Logic to freeze when reloading a project.
- Mac: fixed Audio Unit plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule...).
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Stereo field analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- VST3: added support for MIDI program change messages to change presets via MIDI.
- VST3: fixed audio muted in some host applications.
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Fixed a crash when the plug-in was fed with invalid audio data (infinite numbers).
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac, as explained below).
Warning: because of a bug of the initial VST3 release, this new version may not work with existing sessions that used the VST3 format. See this blog post for more details and how to fix it.
- VST3 plug-in format support.
- Save each memory curve as a file that can be reloaded later as a reference.
- Copy and paste memory curves between instances using the system clipboard.
- Last loaded preset can now be saved directly from the presets menu without having to select the file.
- Fixed demo version popup window freezing Pro Tools in some situations.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (can be activated with the presets menu/MIDI Program Change item).
- Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
- Copy/paste the plug-in's current state from the presets menu using the system clipboard.
- Reduced the plug-in's memory usage.
- Windows VST Installer now remembers where the plug-in was initially installed to simplify upgrades.
- (Mac) plug-in version number is now available when using "Get Info" in the Finder.
- (Mac) Improved display of Audio Unit parameters in most host applications.
- Fixed window frame not showing with Cubase 7.5 (32-bit) on Mac.
- (Mac) About window does not show up first in the corner of the screen anymore.
- (Win) Alt-Click on a control now resets the value to default in Pro Tools, as expected.
- Fixed version number reported to host application for VST and Audio Unit versions.
- 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare button issues in Pro Tools.
- Fixed MIDI and automation settings that were reset when using undo.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Fixed user interface display issues when first opened in Ableton Live 9.
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog now brought back to front when already opened in the background.
- Mac: fixed copy/paste keyboard shortcuts for plug-in registration that did not work in some hosts.
- Brand new fully customizable user interface:
- New look and feel.
- Show/hide what you need.
- Curves names can now be displayed on the graph (overlay).
- Single or multiple displays modes.
- Multiple display sizes
- Improved readability.
- Animated transitions.
- All instances can now be forced to synchronize.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
- Improved Graph rulers display when zoomed.
- Routing matrix automatically displayed when opening the plug-in for the first time for easier setup.
- New presets to make setup easier.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations.
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons. Installing this new version won't break your previous projects.
- Output data rate can now be customized, from 20 to 500 Hz.
- Increased the default output data rate (from 20 to 50 Hz) for more precise display.
- Several pan laws can now be selected to match your preferences.
- Windows: improved settings dialog loading time.
- Mac: user interface performance improvement (up to 30% lighter on cpu).
- Difference curves can now be saved for easier comparisons and stereo spread matching tasks.
- Windows uninstaller now proposes to remove preferences as an option.
- Misc minor user interface and windows installer changes.
- Fixed keyboard focus stealing issue in Pro Tools and several other host applications.
- Controls visibility is now persistent.
Fixed incompatibility issues with older presets in the previous version.
- Analysis parameters can now be pushed from one instance to others to simplify the workflow.
- 64-bit Mac VST support.
- User interface enhancements:
- Improved readability.
- Zooming is now animated.
- Controls can be collapsed to reduce the size of the user interface and focus on the analysis.
- Improved consistency with our other analysis tools.
- Drag the rulers to move the curve when zoomed (can keep measurement/selection mode and still drag the curves).
- Improved synchronization of curves within a single instance.
- Default release time is now shorter.
Performance Improvements (all platforms):
- Improved user interface performance and increased graphs display refresh rate.
- Improved signal processing performance (up to twice faster on some systems!). The plug-in now requires a processor supporting SSE2.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- Faster skin loading.
- Demo version now displays a nag screen only once per session, and only when opening the user interface of the plug-in.
- Fixed a crash on Mac and 64-bit Windows that randomly occured when opening and closing the user interface multiple times.
- Mac: fixed crash with demo version in Ableton Live 8.1.1.
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard)
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts, when used with particular display settings.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
Mac VST update: fixed incompatibility issues with Cubase 5 on Mac.
- Mac Audio Unit support.
- Improved Performance.
- New Windows Installer (you should uninstall any previous version before installing this new one).
- New documentation format.
- Now available for Mac in VST format.
- Minor user interface changes.
- (Bug fix): keyboard shortcuts are no longer forwarded to host application when entering the names of the curves in edit boxes.
- New diff view to compute and visualize the difference between several stereo images.
- The graphics rendering has been improved for smoother analysis curves display in some hosts (such as Cubase).
- Minor user interface changes (fonts, layout).
- Fixed a crash on certain configurations while opening the global settings window.
- Settings window is now faster to open.
- User can now define a name for each curve which is displayed in the main view.
- Non connected curves are now easy to identify.
- Improved display refresh rate: analysis is now even smoother!
- New "zoom by selection" feature.
"I haven't seen another plug-in that can visualise a mix in quite this way.[...] It could certainly be useful to check signal flow within a complex stereo effects chain, and as basic stereo meters for use over the master bus, StereoScope Multi and its sister plug-in, StereoScope Pro, offer a nice alternative to conventional designs, with the ability to compare your master to reference tracks."- Sound On Sound Magazine - May 2008