- Fixed parameters text display not updated when moving the knobs (introduced in previous update).
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- Improved undo management and automation when using the mouse wheel to move knobs.
- VST: improved parameter value display in some host applications.
- Mac: installers and plug-ins have been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac OS Catalina and newer.
- Mac: fixed user interface display issues on early versions of MacOS 10.9.
- VST3: fixed some parameter update issues in some hosts.
- Fixed VST3 parameters update issues with Triple EQ Dual in some hosts (Cubase 11, Studio One).
- Fixed Triple EQ Dual VST & VST3 automation not recording properly in some hosts (Cubase 11, Ableton Live).
- Native Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and "save as global setting" capabilities.
- Unicode support.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- VST3: fixed parameters update issues in Studio One when bouncing tracks.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- New high resolution graphics for knobs.
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Misc DSP performance enhancements.
- Windows: improved GUI loading performance.
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- MIDI Program Change preference is now saved into session instead of global preferences, so each instance can now use different MIDI channels. It is also saved in the user default preset.
- VST3: added program change support for VST3 plug-in format.
- Mac: much faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems.
- Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK (Cubase 10.5 for example).
- Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows when loading skins.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS plug-in format.
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and improved touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added Retina displays support on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- New installer on Mac.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy DirectX plug-in format.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac, as explained below).
Warning: because of a bug of the initial VST3 release, this new version may not work with existing sessions that used the VST3 format. See this blog post for more details and how to fix it.
- VST3 plug-in format support.
- Custom skins can be selected directly from the main menu.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (optional).
- Last loaded preset can now be saved directly from the presets menu without having to select the file.
- Copy/paste the plug-in's current state from the presets menu using the system clipboard.
- Reduced the plug-in's memory usage.
- Windows VST Installer now remembers where the plug-in was initially installed to simplify upgrades.
- (Mac) plug-in version number is now available when using "Get Info" in the Finder.
- (Mac) Improved display of Audio Unit parameters in most host applications.
- Fixed window frame not showing with Cubase 7.5 (32-bit) on Mac.
- (Mac) About window does not show up first in the corner of the screen anymore.
- (Win) Alt-Click on a control now resets the value to default in Pro Tools, as expected.
- Fixed version number reported to host application for VST and Audio Unit versions.
- 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare button issues in Pro Tools.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog now brought back to front when already opened in the background.
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations.
- AAX on Mac: Fixed compare button that did not work well when using factory presets or any preset created on Windows.
- Performance improvement when running under high CPU load for other platforms.
- New user interface.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The plug-in now appears in the "EQ" category in Pro Tools.
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
- Improved default response curve for automation and MIDI control.
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved user manual.
- This product now includes both the single and dual channels versions.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
Note: this new version can be installed side by side with the previous version for backward compatibility reasons: installing this new version won't break your previous projects.
- Fixed keyboard focus stealing issue in Pro Tools and several other host applications.
- 64-bit Mac VST support.
This update only concerns the RTAS version of the plug-in:
- RTAS plug-in bug fix: when using both the mono and stereo versions in the same session, the controls of the instances were linked together.
- Space bar does not trigger plug-in buttons anymore (avoids conflict with transport control in most applications).
- Win x64: fixed issue with some hosts not opening the plugins.
- Win x64: fixed issue with settings window that was not displayed properly in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed multiple screens issue.
- RTAS plugin format support for Pro Tools (Mac and Windows).
- 64-bit applications support for Windows DX and VST under Windows x64.
- Mac AU 64-bit format support (compatible with 64-bit Logic 9.1 on Snow Leopard)
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts under Snow Leopard.
- Fixed MIDI learn issues.
- Factory presets are now available from the plugin menu.
- RTAS plugin format support (final beta stage - currently available with the Free Pack only)
- Mac: fixed keyboard/mouse focus issues in some hosts.
- Mac: fixed user interface crashes in some hosts, when used with particular display settings.
- Mac-AU: fixed user interface resizing issue when changing skin in some hosts (Logic).
- Mac-AU: fixed settings lost issue when doing offline rendering in some applications.
- New Windows Installer (much faster install, improved upgrades).
- Bug Fix (PC): Cubase freezes when loading a preset using a different skin while the plugin window is open.
- Blue Cat's Skinning Language 1.6.1 support.
Mac VST update: fixed incompatibility issues with Cubase 5 on Mac.
- First Mac version.
- (Bug fix): the response curve was not updated in some hosts while not processing audio.
- Fixed a crash when changing the skin from the toolbar menu.
- The plugin is now free.
- New GUI design and Blue Cat's Skinnning language 1.4.2 support:
- Streamlined user interface with simplified controls for optimal workflow.
- Zooming: adjust the dB range of the EQ and the response curve graph.
- Frequency response measurement: new mouse coordinates display.
- Window Opacity Management: make the plugin window transparent.
- New toolbar to access the main functionalities.
- Smooth bypass: activate/deactivate the plugin with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independant format: you can now share presets between the directX and VST versions
- Enlarged the filters frequency range.
- Performance improvements:
- Faster skin loading.
- Reduced memory consumption when several instances are loaded.
- Now supports Blue Cat's Skinnning language 1.2.4.
- Curves are now antialised.
- Parameters can be fine tuned when the shift key is down, which offers a .1 dB gain resolution.
- CPU efficiency improvement: no processing occurs when input is silent.
- Settings window now loads faster.
- (Bug fix): in some plug-in adapters (such as FxPansion's VST to RTAS adapter) the GUI did not display properly when first loaded.
- (Bug fix): when reinstalling the software in another directory, the "skin not found" message was displayed.
- Advanced MIDI control with customizable parameters curve response and MIDI learn.
- Blue Cat's Skinning language V1.2.2 support.
- Now supports one skin per preset and a global default skin: customize each instance of the plug-in in the same session.
- All parameters can now be fine tuned thanks to a text-edit popup window that appears when double clicking on user interface widgets.
- Warning: because it now supports MIDI events, the DirectX plug-in may appear in the "Synth" or "DXi" category instead of "effects" in some hosts (such as Cakewalk Sonar).
If it does not appear in you host, you might want to use our DXi Manager to de-activate MIDI features.
- Warning: this new version breaks the presets compatibility, and is thus installed as a new plug-in. If you have a previous version installed and do not want to keep it, just uninstall it manually.
"This three-band parametric EQ is a fine example of Blue Cat's considerable talent." - Computer Music Magazine - issue 148.