Blue Cat's Late Replies is a powerful delay, reverb and multi effects plug-in that can be indefinitely extended by hosting third party VST, VST3 or AU plug-ins anywhere in the signal path.
Typical applications: Delays with built-in effects, rhythmic patterns, melodic patterns, third party plug-ins hosting, reverbs, shimmer, drones, creative effects, pitch shifting, modulation effects, looper, tape delays...
With its unique topology, the plug-in is a full-featured delay machine with unlimited powers: both the 8 taps pattern module and the two nested feedback loops include plug-in slots that can host built-in effects or third party plug-ins.
So it's not just about delays! The plug-in includes 29 built-in effects to further manipulate the delay lines: modulation effects, EQ and filters, dynamics processors, pitch and frequency shifters, wave shaper...
With the integrated ducker and its side chain input, ducking delays or reverbs has never been so easy.
Blue Cat's Late Replies is delivered with hundreds of presets producing many kinds of audio effects: classic delays, rhythmic or melodic patterns, reverbs, vintage echoes, shimmer effects, sci-fi sounds... Browse and edit them quickly with only a few parameters in "easy mode", or expand the user interface to "full edit" mode to create your own creative delays, reverbs and effects, with complete control over the entire signal chain.
- Powerful delay with built-in effects and third party plug-ins support.
- 8 taps pattern section with integrated mixer and plug-ins slots.
- 2 feedback loops with crossfeed and plug-ins slots.
- 30 built-in effects: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- Dual user interface: browse and quick-edit presets in easy mode, or create your own delays and reverb with the full editor.
- Supports third party VST, VST3 and Audio Unit plug-ins, with latency compensation.
- Tempo/Host Synchronization.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Several hundreds of fully editable presets.
- Integrated ducking, with internal and external side chain.
- Comprehensive visual feedback with detailed impulse response display.
- Protect your ears with the included feedback and output brickwall limiters.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
"A fantastic, creative delay plug-in that enables a wide range of flexibility and experimental scope to your tracks." - . 10/10 - Excellence Award [read full review]
"Reaching far beyond its central remit as a multitap feedback delay, this epic-scale effect invites your whole plugins folder to the party. [...] Blue Cat have knocked it out of the park [...] Late Replies is their best plugin yet, and is an indisputable must-have!" - . 10/10, Editor's Choice.
"One of the best delay plug-ins on this planet, and probably other planets as well. [...] Is there such a thing as a gourmet delay? If so, this would be the equivalent of boeuf bourguignon, with a Chateau Lafite Rothschild." - - [Axiom review].
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.