This plug-in suite is a series of gain utilities which let you control the volume of one or several audio tracks simultaneously, in real time.
The interest of these plug-ins resides in their particular features:
First, they include advanced automation MIDI control capabilities (all response curves can be fully customized). Used together with one of our analysis tools or a MIDI controller, these plug-ins let you remotely control and automate the gain of each channel of the audio signal, wherever they reside in the signal path.
Another interesting and exclusive feature is the ability to link several instances of the same plug-in: thanks to our unique data sharing technology, you can control the gain of several tracks at the same time with a single slider.
The package provides a single channel (mono or stereo) as well as a dual channel version with mid/side capabilities for independent control of the left and right or mid and side channels. It can be very useful for stereo widening/narrowing your stereo tracks.
Note: Additional information about stereo widening with mid/side processing can be found in our M/S processing paper.
- Single or dual channels gain plug-ins.
- Stereo or mid-side processing.
- Multiple instances linking capability: link several instances of the same plugin and control several plugins from a single user interface.
- Relative, absolute or reverse link.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
The Blue Cat Gain Suite is another staple I use heavily simple gain control and M/S level manipulation. This group of plugins provide very basic functions, but have the same level of precise control and configurability that is a hallmark of other Blue Cat Audio plugins. I literally do not think of any other plugins when these particular jobs need fixing. Simplicity can be quite powerful at times.-
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.