Meet Blue Cat's Axiom: your versatile and open multi effects and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Derived from the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones to enhance your musical expression with your axe.
In essence, Axiom caters to a wide range of musical scenarios, from recording and performance to sound design and experimentation. It empowers musicians, producers, and sound enthusiasts to achieve their sonic aspirations by combining realistic amp simulations, a wide array of effects, and the freedom to integrate their preferred plug-ins in any format. Whether you are in the studio crafting a masterpiece or on stage delivering a captivating live performance, Axiom is your go-to solution for pushing the boundaries of guitar and bass sound.
Axiom indeed offers a world of sonic possibilities thanks to its distinctive structure and signal flow:
- Two versatile amp simulation channels, each with pre and post effects, blend seamlessly for a lifelike amp experience.
- Discover unique amp simulation, offering exceptional tone, an authentic playing feel, and unrivaled tweaking capabilities for full control over your sound.
- Customize your tone with hundreds of presets or dive into the amp editor for complete control.
- Fine-tune your sound with additional input and master sections, boasting 4 effect slots each, and a built-in high-precision tuner.
- Safeguard your output with a brickwall limiter to prevent overshoot.
But that's merely the starting point. Axiom extends further, offering boundless potential for effects and creativity:
- Over 100 built-in effects, including creative delays, reverbs, distortion & fuzz pedals, modulation fx, wah and more.
- Unleash your inner pedal wizard and create your own: dive into creative delays and reverbs with the built-in version of Late Replies, sculpt your signature distortions, filters, and compressors with Destructor, and transform your pickups on the fly or refine acoustic guitar tones effortlessly with Re-Guitar!
- Seamless integration with third-party Audio Unit, VST, and VST3 plug-ins, expanding your sonic arsenal indefinitely.
- Enhance your performance with virtual instruments in the tools section, like metronomes, drum machines, sequencers, synthesizers, or the built-in audio player.
Axiom stands as your all-in-one solution, featuring an extensive library of hundreds of full-rig presets for both electric and acoustic guitar and bass. When used as an application, you can effortlessly play over backing tracks and record your performance with a single click.
If you are in search of amp simulation software without the effects, check out our Destructor plug-in. For a plug-in host & multi-effects processor without amp simulation, explore Blue Cat's PatchWork.
- Powerful and limitless multi-effects and amp modeling software for guitar and bass.
- Authentic, fully customizable amp simulations, powered by Blue Cat's Destructor.
- Versatile routing with 2 parallel amp simulation channels and comprehensive input and master sections.
- Over 100 high quality built-in effects, spanning from wah, delays, and reverb to EQ, filters, distortion units, compressors, gates, chorus, flanger, phaser, and more.
- Includes Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, Destructor and Late Replies as integrated effects.
- Tailor the user interface to your preference, from a straightforward EZ mode to in-depth editing.
- Seamless recording over backing tracks (Application).
- Lightning-fast built-in tuner for precision tuning.
- Built-in MIDI controllable looper.
- An open and extensible platform, supporting third party VST, VST3, and Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins.
- Load and manipulate impulse responses (IR) within the amp simulator or the EQ plug-in.
- Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
- Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
- Simplify effect control with configurable macro parameters.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
Typical applications: Limitless Guitar & bass amp simulation with effects, VST, VST3 and Audio Unit hosting, live performance, sound design, recording, creative exploration.
Credits: this plug-in includes several factory presets created by Hans Van Even.User's GuideOn The BlogPresetsTutorialsNewsletter
"I've been trying the demo for days and it's insanely good. The tonemap, onboard vsts, and reguitar options are impressive enough - but the actual amps themselves are the closest to real amps in terms of responsiveness I've ever felt. It's even better than [competitor products]. I thought Blue Cat were a small indie company? How many people worked on this?" - - [on KVR Forum].
"I regard Axiom as a well-designed sound manipulation laboratory. [...] In my opinion, Axiom is very well organized and has easy access to all the necessary tools for performing experiments, which I regard as the raison d’être of Axiom." - - [on KVR Forum].
"I have had the demo for a couple of days now and in the limited time that I have spent exploring it I have totally lost all my hair through scratching my head in pure awe and amazement. This is most likely the most realistic guitar amp end FX sim that I have encountered. It is so realistic that I don't miss the interaction with tubes/speakers and room acoustics to create and enjoy monstrous sounds. But it also has so much, much more than just that" - - [on YouTube].
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
For more information about supported platforms, see our Knowledge Base.