It’s time for the NAMM News of the day: we’ve got updates for our Plug-in hosts today (our plug-ins or standalone applications that can host third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins)!
New Host: Blue Cat’s Axiom
Blue Cat’s Axiom, our new multi effects processor for guitar & bass and amp simulation plug-in is also a plug-in host!
You can load any of the built-in effects or third party plug-ins in the plug-in and pedal slots!
Stop by our booth (#16300) to check it out!
PatchWork 2.2 Update
An update for Blue Cat’s PatchWork is in the works and is demonstrated on our booth (#16300) at the NAMM show.
A large part of our plug-ins hosting framework has been re-written to build Blue Cat’s Axiom, and all our other hosts will benefit from it with upcoming free updates. Among the changes:
- Loading the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of PatchWork and its built-in plug-ins is now much faster, especially after it has been loaded once (it’s almost instant).
- If you keep the same plug-ins in the same slots, they are not reloaded anymore but only updated when switching presets. This means much faster and smoother presets switching, even if you have many plug-ins loaded – ideal for live usage!
- The bypass state of PatchWork and loaded plug-ins is now properly kept in sync when supported by the plug-ins.
- Graphical resources sharing between PatchWork and its built-in plug-ins has been improved: PatchWork is now using less memory when using its built-in effects.
You are already a customer and cannot make it to the show? Don’t worry: you can check out the preview of PatchWork 2.2 at home! Just go to the download page (link received by email upon purchase), and click on the “Next release preview” link to get it!
MB-7 Mixer 3.1 Update
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 3.1 is almost ready for release: it features the same hosting improvements as PatchWork 2.2 and much more!
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added 25 built-in plug-ins borrowed from the Late Replies plug-in.
- Preset manager improvements: (last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu / revert to last loaded preset / default preset now stores the state of locks).
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Mac: new installer.
Stop by our booth to check it out! And to read the full change log or try the preview, go to the download page (link received by email upon purchase), and click on the “Next release preview“!
Late Replies 1.1 Update
Blue Cat’s Late Replies 1.1 is also on its way out… But we’ll talk more about it tomorrow!
Note: all these updates are almost ready to be released, but we’ll do as much testing as we can before letting them go into the wild, and we need your help: please send us feedback about these previews, as some third party plug-ins may be impacted by the preset loading changes!