Did you know that you could change the refresh rate for our plug-ins’ output data (curves, surfaces, parameters etc.)?
This setting is available in the global settings pane: open the main menu, and select “Global Settings”. In the first page, you can enter a new refresh rate up to 500 Hz (500 values per second):
The larger the value, the faster the data will be refreshed.
What does it do?
This refresh rate influences the following:
- user interface refresh rate for meters, graphs etc.
- output automation (for plug-ins with output parameters)
- output MIDI CC messages (for plug-ins with output parameters)
It is applied to all instances of the plug-in (global settings).
Why would I want to do that?
You may want to increase the refresh rate:
- If you need more precise automation with output parameters (more points recorded).
- If you need more precise MIDI CC output (get MIDI CC messages more often).
- If you want the display to be refreshed more often.
You may want to decrease the value:
- If you want to reduce the amount of CPU used by the display.
- If you want to reduce the number of points generated by output automation.
- If you want less MIDI CC messages to be sent less often.