As announced earlier this week, it’s time for us to unleash our brand new plug-in, Blue Cat’s Late Replies, our craziest creation ever: a powerful multi-tap and feedback delay plug-in, combined with a multi effect (25 effects included) and a VST, VST3 and Audio Units host!
Out of the box, it is capable of a wide range of effects, from simple vintage tape delays to advanced loop patterns, reverbs, modulation effects and more (check out the examples provided with the demo videos), and it can be infinitely extended using your own plug-ins, even in the feedback loop!
We have setup an introduction offer until September 17th (25% off for new customers, and 40% off for registered customers – check your email!), don’t miss it!
New features for both plug-ins:
– Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
– Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
– Favorite plug-ins and their settings can be saved to be quickly reloaded later from a menu.
– Unused channels for each hosted plug-in can now be muted (instead of default pass-thru).
– Load/save native VST, VST3 or AU preset files.
– Missing VST & VST3 plug-ins are now automatically relocated.
– Presets and parameters menus are now split in sub menus instead of a single list.
– Additional user VST path to locate VST plug-ins is now available.
– Fully compatible with previous versions.
– Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
– Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier. Continue reading →
We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat’s Destructor 1.1, including several workflow and user interface enhancements (full change list below).
With more than 200 additional visual styles, new locking features for improved presets management, contrast adjustments for spectrograms, as well as a couple of other GUI improvements, the plug-in has become even easier to use, check it out! Of course, the update is free for existing customers, as usual! Continue reading →
Our new plug-in,Blue Cat’s Destructor, will be soon available. So we thought you would be interested in looking at the “dark side of the plug-in” and know more about how it came to life, before getting your hands on it in a few days!
Here is a Q&A session about this new plug-in with our founder and CEO, Guillaume Jeulin. Continue reading →
We are happy to unveil today our new plug-in, Blue Cat’s Destructor, a comprehensive distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion.
It will be demoed on booth #410 at the 141st AES Convention in Los Angeles until October 2nd and will be available for purchase onOctober 11th.
This new plug-in gives access to an unlimited number of non-linear processing models, ranging from harsh digital destruction to smooth analog compression or guitar amp simulation (and it works for clean tones too).
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, many of them inspired by real gear. It offers the ability to create completely custom distortion simulations beyond these models, thanks to its flexible yet simple signal processing chain – no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build the perfect custom tone.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, it simplifies the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix. Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
In order to make the look and feel of the plug-in match the tone, the plug-in is bundled with more than 1400 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.