Blue Cat’s Destructor 1.21 is a maintenance release that fixes an issue appeared with version 1.2. It is highly recommended to update as the sound of the plug-in is impacted by this bug appeared in version 1.2. You can read more details here.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork 2.11 improves presets management and fixes a problem with the VST3 instrument version in Cubase:
Cubase has a bug with VST3 instruments and sets the last loaded preset number after having restored their state (which is not supposed to happen). The impact depends on the implementation, but for our own plug-ins, this used to fully reset the state of the plug-in upon session restore. As of Cubase 9.5 it has still not been fixed, so we have decided to implement a workaround to avoid this problem. As a result, factory presets are not exposed to the host anymore, which is not a big loss anyway!
Blue Cat’s PatchWork can now be used as a multi effects processor on its own:
With its new 25 built-in audio effects borrowed from Blue Cat’s Late Replies, you can do a lot of things with PatchWork, without relying on third party plug-ins: it now includes a gate, compressor, ducker, delays, modulation effects, pitch and frequency shifters, a panner, EQ, waveshaper, bit cruasher, mid/side encoder and decoder… Continue reading →
Initially released in 2014 to add scripting capabilities to your favorite DAW, Plug’n Script has evolved into an integrated audio plug-ins development environment: native (compiled) scripts have been supported since 2015, and version 3.0 brings all the pieces together with a brand new workflow and VST plug-in export capabilities.
As announced earlier this week, it’s time for us to unleash our brand new plug-in, Blue Cat’s Late Replies, our craziest creation ever: a powerful multi-tap and feedback delay plug-in, combined with a multi effect (25 effects included) and a VST, VST3 and Audio Units host!
Out of the box, it is capable of a wide range of effects, from simple vintage tape delays to advanced loop patterns, reverbs, modulation effects and more (check out the examples provided with the demo videos), and it can be infinitely extended using your own plug-ins, even in the feedback loop!
We have setup an introduction offer until September 17th (25% off for new customers, and 40% off for registered customers – check your email!), don’t miss it!
New features for both plug-ins:
– Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
– Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
– Favorite plug-ins and their settings can be saved to be quickly reloaded later from a menu.
– Unused channels for each hosted plug-in can now be muted (instead of default pass-thru).
– Load/save native VST, VST3 or AU preset files.
– Missing VST & VST3 plug-ins are now automatically relocated.
– Presets and parameters menus are now split in sub menus instead of a single list.
– Additional user VST path to locate VST plug-ins is now available.
– Fully compatible with previous versions.
– Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
– Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier. Continue reading →