Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST or Audio Unit plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below).
Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat's PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.
This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application, so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 8 audio channels.
Input and output level meters are also included to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins.
If you are looking for a multiband plug-ins host for multiband processing, check out the Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Also, any Blue Cat Audio plug-in is compatible and can be hosted by this software.
Copyright Note: VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Add to Cart
Typical applications: Plug-ins host, custom channel strip, parallel processing, effects chainer, virtual bussing, virtual instrument, share bus and plug-ins configurations between DAWs, VST or Audio Unit to AAX, Audio Unit, RTAS or DirectX plug-in adapter, effect chains A/B comparison, standalone audio processing application.
- Configurable VST or Audio Unit plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- Available as an effect or virtual instrument.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 "pre" and "post" plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains, with phase flip, solo and gain controls.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control ("Mix").
- Parameters Mapping: map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible MIDI routing: connect sub plug-ins together or with the host application.
- Link pre and post gains for automatic gain compensation.
- Cut, Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Supports VST Shell plug-ins.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully customizable user interface, with multiple sizes.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-App, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-App, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-App, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the plug-in's state between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
You can find more skins for this product here.
"Patchwork is hugely flexible - it can even run VST plugins in non-VST hosts, like Logic [...]. PatchWork works well and is worth every penny of its asking price." - - [read review on musicradar].
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or later).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8.
- For the plug-in, any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The application or the plug-in is regularly bypassed for a few seconds.
|Bug Fixes (Standalone application only - plug-ins unchanged):