Blue Cat's Remote Control is a set of plug-ins which let you control and monitor in real time several MIDI controllable plug-ins or devices from a single customizable user interface: the user interface of your favorite DirectX or VST plugin does not satisfy you? Your favorite hardware device is too complicated to control? Your project contains hundreds of plug-ins and you would like to control them all from a single user interface? You want undo/redo for all your modifications? This product was designed for you.
The package includes 3 plug-ins: Remote Control 16, 32 and 64, which have the ability to manage up to 16, 32 or 64 parameters. You can assign a MIDI channel and CC number to each controller, customize its response curve. You can as well choose a skin that suits your needs for every instance of the remote control (several skins are included in the package, see the screenshots), or create your own (see the Skins section): this is the best way to create your own user interface to control your entire Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) the way you have chosen. If you have a very specific project and you do not have time to spend on our Skinning Language, Blue Cat Audio can also create custom skins for you: see our Consulting page for more information.
Another way to use the product is for MIDI control remapping and transform: assign an input parameter a given MIDI CC, and assign the associated output parameter to another MIDI CC with different response curve parameters: the plug-in will remap the controller to the new CC and channel with a new response curve.
Read our Remote Control Tutorials and see this product in action!
Typical applications: MIDI remote control, MIDI CC mapping, MIDI CC values monitoring, transform automation to MIDI and MIDI to automation, custom user interface.
- Virtual MIDI control surface and monitoring tool.
- Control or monitor in real time any MIDI-controllable plug-in or external MIDI device.
- Customize the controls response curve with advanced settings.
- Create your own Digital Workstation controller thanks to Blue Cat's Skinning Language.
- MIDI learn.
- Full automation support.
- DirectX and VST formats.
- Load and Save presets in a host independent format.
You can find more skins for this product here.
"Looking to wield greater power over your MIDI software and hardware? This suite of virtual control surfaces might be the answer. [...] Remote Control 2 gives you deep, unified control over MIDI Continuous Controller data.[...] Does it work? Indeed it does. [...] Remote Control 2 does what it says on the tin, and does it well, all for a reasonable price."
"Verdict: Remote Control is a bit of a niche product, but for those who do need to unify their MIDI-manipulating activities, it could be a real lifesaver." - 8/10 rating granted by Computer Music Magazine (CM), March 2008- - [read review on musicradar]
"The Remote Control plugins [are] fantastic for DAW workstation control.[...] The possibilities are really almost endless and this makes it another one of my favorite plugins of the [All Plugins Pack] bundle."-
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The effect is bypassed for 3 seconds every 30 seconds.