Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro is a real time spectrum analyzer with advanced functionalities. It uses the same smooth algorithms as its little brother (Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst free plug-in): it has been designed to provide extreme smoothness and high resolution for both time and frequency.
The frequency analysis can be fine tuned in details: manage its precision and rate, apply an offset or slope to the measured spectrum. Two thresholding systems are available, and the time response can be changed thanks to the attack and release parameters. Three modes are offered for each channel: instant, peak or average response can be displayed on the same graph. Zooming capabilities and coordinates display let you exactly measure the characteristics of the spectrum.
The four memory slots let you store any curve in memory: it helps you make comparisons between several tracks or effects setup very easily.
A spectrogram view has been added so that you can monitor the evolution of the spectrum over time either in 2D or 3D (3D waterfall mode). All channels are of course available in this view, with exact coordinates display and zooming capabilities.
Like many of our other professional analysis tools, this plug-in also provides output parameters that you can use to control other effects in real time: the generated automation envelopes or MIDI CC messages include the minimum and maximum frequencies and the energy center of the spectrum, expressed in Hertz or as MIDI note value. With the transformation parameters (offset, amount and reverse), you can customize the generation of these parameters and monitor the modifications on the value graphs. Check the DP Meter Pro Tutorials to see how to use this capability within your favorite host.
Thanks to this unique functionality, you can now control any effect with the pitch of the audio signal: imagine a filter on an instrument controlled by the pitch of another instrument, compression depending on the pitch of the signal... Anything is possible.
Thanks to Blue Cat's skinning language support and the included window opacity management feature, you can adapt the plug-in user interface to your personal needs and enhance your workflow.
For integrated multiple tracks spectrum analysis, check our Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi plug-in.
Add to Cart
- Mono, stereo or mid/side real time spectrum analyzer.
- Total control over the analysis parameters, with slope and offset correction.
- Smart interpolation algorithm for extreme display smoothness.
- Spectrum and spectrogram views.
- Animated zoom for all displays.
- Precise measurement capabilities, with note info display.
- 3D waterfall view with full 3D control.
- Solid or wireframe 3D surface display.
- Instant, peak and average curves display for each channel.
- Save the curves for easy A/B comparison.
- Opacity control for the user interface.
- Custom absolute and relative threshold control.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.
No Videos available. Please check our Youtube channel for more videos about this software.
You can find more skins for this product here.
[About 3D View] This looks like a really useful upgrade. Great for analyzing kick vs bass levels.[...] It's pretty awesome, as expected. [...] Was nice being able to zoom in and change the angle. Seeing drum hits in 3D really helps build a mental map of what lies in each bit of the frequency spectrum.
I got a bit lost at one point, with all the zooming and twisting,[...] but then I right clicked it, and it reset, so it's about as perfect as I could've asked for - novatropic)(
Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Pro is a superb tool to refine my mixes and masters. While you should have your ears as final judge for your audio, this tool can show you where you can tweak and improve your output - digirockers.com-
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or PowerPC processor.
- Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The plug-in is frozen for 4 seconds every 40 seconds.