Blue Cat's Widening Parametr'EQ is a 7 bands parametric Mid-Side equalizer based on Blue Cat's Parametr'EQ algorithms, enabling you to widen or narrow the frequencies of your choice.
This special 'widening' version offers two independent equalizers for the mid and side channels with instant frequency response display. But Blue Cat's Widening Parametr'EQ is much more than a standard mid/side equalizer, since it lets you choose the position of the virtual center for the Mid/Side matrix: you can really control where you want the equalization to take place in the stereo field. You can thus use this parametric mid/side equalizer for many purposes: from simple standard equalizing anywhere in the stereo field to advanced multi-band stereo widening or narrowing.
The new non linear behavior and the included M/S output brickwall limiter will also let you modify the dynamics response of this very special plugin.
For more information about the Parametr'EQ technology, please read Blue Cat's Parametr'EQ plugin's description.
Additional information about stereo widening with mid/side processing can be found in our M/S processing paper.
- True WYSIWYG 7 bands parametric equalizer with independent mid/side channels.
- Filters designed after analog circuits.
- The equalizer can be placed with great precision in the stereo field thanks to the 'center' parameter.
- Separate center/sides equalizing for a precise customized multi band stereo widening/narrowing effects.
- Non linear modeling: add some warmth or analog distortion to each EQ stage.
- Output brickwall limiter.
- Output peak meter.
- Oversampling for optimal sound quality, whatever your sampling rate.
- +-40 dB range for each band with customizable effective range.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- No latency.
- Real time display of the frequency response with precise measurement and zooming capabilities.
- Window Opacity Control: make the plugin window transparent.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plugin with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency .
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.
No Videos available. Please check our Youtube channel for more videos about this software.
"Blue Cat's range also includes a healthy selection of EQs and filters, and their Widening Parametr'EQ is another mastering tool with a twist. It's a stereo equaliser that operates in M/S mode, allowing you to apply different EQ curves to the Mid and Sides components of the signal before they are matrixed back into conventional stereo. [...] I was surprised at how effective the M/S equalisation can be for opening out a mix. A little high shelving boost and low-frequency cut on the Sides channel only can really make things more expansive, without introducing obvious artifacts or leaving a hollow centre, as some stereo width processors do. Sound-wise, the equalisation is transparent without being thin or unnecessarily clinical, and the width of the parametric bands can be set as low as 0.01 octaves, for surgical tasks such as hum removal."-
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / RTAS / AAX compatible application (32/64-bit) .
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The effect is bypassed for 4 seconds every 40 seconds.