Blue Cat Audio has a long experience in customizing its standard products according to specific requirements as well as help other companies to build custom software from the ground up. Check out our areas of expertise below and contact us for more information.
With a wide variety of software engineering and consulting services, Blue Cat Audio lets you benefit from its reknown expertise in the pro audio and software industries for your own project, whatever its size: our customers range from major actors of the audio industry to single musicians and audio professionals, including recording studios or universities.
If you need to purchase a large number of licenses for your organization, please contact us: we have a volume licensing policy that offers discounts adapted to your organization (academic or companies).
Blue Cat Audio provides many types of services to help you with your projects:
- Product customization: you are interested by one of our products, but you'd like to add features specific to your process, or customize the look on feel to better suit your needs? We can do it for you!
- Outsourcing (custom software development): if you are looking for top notch professional software engineers to build software from the ground up or help you maintain and improve existing products, you are in the right place!
- Technology licensing: Blue Cat Audio has built its products and reputation on several pieces of technology that we license to third parties. If you are looking for advanced dsp algorithms, a flexible user interface toolkit or state of the art audio effects for your application, we have something for you.
- Consulting: if you need advice on how to build your audio product, choose the right technologies and partners, we also provide more general purpose consulting services.
- Teaching & training: while trying to stay on the edge of technology, we are also eager to transmit our knowledge. If you are looking for professional teachers or trainers in the field of audio processing and software engineering, we are available for training sessions or courses.
Blue Cat Audio's main focus is pro audio applications on both desktop and mobile platforms, but we may also be hired for other purposes, so please contact us.
- Audio plug-ins development (VST, Audio Unit, DirectX, RTAS, AAX).
- Native standalone applications (ASIO, Core Audio).
- Real-time audio analysis and processing.
- User interface design.
- 2D Graphics.
- Cross-platform expertise: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), Linux.
- Project planning and organization, agile methodologies.
If you are looking for a tighter collaboration, Blue Cat Audio also studies any partnership proposal:
- You are a retailer and want to distribute our products? Please contact us to get our terms and conditions.
- You develop audio software and want to redistribute our audio effects or analysis tools with your software? Please contact us, we certainly can find an agreement to develop a partnership.
- If you are a university or a research lab, we can provide you assistance to create world class commercial products from your latest research, and collaborate with you on audio research projects.
Please contact us for more information, we will find a solution adapted to your needs.
Technology Licensing and Custom Development
We have helped Zynaptiq port their existing Audio Unit only plug-in "UNVEIL" to most common plug-in formats for Mac and Windows, using our "Kitty" Audio Plug-ins SDK.
"If you're looking for a reliable solution - both for a plug-in SDK and custom software development services - I heavily recommend going with Blue Cat Audio. The Kitty SDK is rock-solid and boasts a very elaborate feature-set that leaves nothing to be desired. And Guillaume is exactly what you'd want from a development partner - reliable and fast with a "can-do" attitude and a level of attention to detail approaching that of a brain surgeon. Big thumbs up!" - Denis Goekdag, CEO, Zynaptiq.
You can read more about Zynaptiq and this project in this press release.
From a customer using our audio effects library for several pro audio applications:
"Working with Blue Cat Audio has been an amazing experience. Since we deploy our software to a large number of customers on mobile devices our requirements on CPU and RAM consumption are very tough. Yet, we found that Blue Cat Audio's effects fully conformed to the specs with unmatched performance, sound quality and stability. Blue Cat Audio helped us integrate their library with our existing software in no time, the support was professional and highly reliable. We highly recommend Blue Cat Audio to anyone looking for supreme quality audio SDKs or plug-ins. We look forward to working with Blue Cat Audio on many audio related projects to follow!"
We customized the DP Meter Pro plugin for Jorge Maldonado Barrera (Mexico), so that he could succeed in adding subliminal messages to his audio tracks.
"I needed a special design for my subliminal communications project and people at Blue Cat did more than I asked for very fast. Now I am working with confidence and completely satisfied." - J.M. Barrera.
We developed custom digital audio software for Peaceland Music (USA) - our customer's project is still under development, details cannot be revealed.
"Guillaume [Jeulin] is a joy to work with - communicative, responsive, helpful, reliable and professional in every way. He makes an obvious effort to deliver on time, and to accurately detail his efforts. He is also reasonable with his time. A true gentleman in every sense of the word. I would recommend Guillaume to anyone seeking quality assistance with their software development." - James Musser, Peaceland Music.
About Peaceland Music: Peaceland Music currently markets their award winning Peaceland Guitar Rings for Slide Guitar (Best in Show/NAMM '05). www.JamesMusserRing.com The first release of their innovative new software package will be shown at the upcoming Winter NAMM '07. We are fortunate to have the endorsement from James Musser, as he was Nominated Best Guitar '97 & Best L.A. Band '96 - LA Music Awards, as well as being in the Top 100 Unsigned Bands in L.A. '99 - Music Connection Magazine.