Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is an extremely powerful all-in-one multiband dynamics processor: it can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum. The unique dynamics processing section of the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in has been streamlined and integrated in this plug-in to process each one of the 5 bands separately.
The plug-in provides unique envelope detection capabilities that let one band trigger the dynamics response on others (internal side-chain). Combined with the advanced stereo features including mid/side processing and independent channels activation, it gives you full control over the dynamics of the signal for a wide range of effects.
An additional brick wall limiter/clipper protects the output for complete control over the dynamics response.
The plug-in provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what's exactly going on at every step of the dynamics processor: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels, dynamics response, compression ratio and in/out level of each band...
The user interface has been designed to streamline the workflow, and despite the wide range of functionalities offered by the plug-in, it is extremely easy to use. Inter-bands controls (copy/paste, link...) lets you create complex treatments with a few clicks.
Thanks to its advanced MIDI and automation output capabilities, Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is capable of advanced side-chaining features: you can control other plug-ins with the output of the dynamics processing stage for simple side chain dynamics effects or more advanced signal-dependent effects. Check out our MB-5 Dynamix Tutorials for more details.
If you are looking for a broadband dynamics processor, check out the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in.
Add to Cart
Typical applications: Multiband dynamics correction and modeling, mastering, loudness maximizing, dynamic equalization, de-essing, pop removal, multiband wave shaping, spectrum-based side chain effects.
- Full featured multiband dynamics processor: compressor, gate, limiter, expander, waveshaper.
- Up to 5 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 60 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Unique envelope routing capability for cross-band dynamics effects (one band may trigger another).
- Dry/wet control for parallel processing ("New York Compression").
- Stereo or mid-side processing with multiple channels linking options.
- Post brickwall limiter or waveshaper.
- Complete Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display.
- Easy copy/paste settings between bands.
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.
No Videos available. Please check our Youtube channel for more videos about this software.
You can find more skins for this product here.
"Blue Cat Audio’s MB-5 Dynamix plug-in [...] is cleverly designed to be both sonically effective and visually informative, clearly borrowing from lessons learned developing the company’s popular Analysis Pack bundle.[...] A quick glance through the MB-5 Dynamix’s set of features illustrates the intelligent and thorough approach that has been taken in putting this plug-in together.[...]
Arguably the most impressive aspect of the MB-5 Dynamix is its ease of use. Pleasingly, this doesn’t mean that there’s any dumbing down of its features, but instead, it sports a cleverly designed interface that allows you to interact intuitively with each of the bands, as well as keeping a close eye (and ear) on the compression taking place.[...]
The sound of the MB-5 Dynamix is clean, functional and efficient.[...] The MB-5 Dynamix really sets itself apart in respect to its usability. [...] It is a safe and effective tool that will allow you to refine rather than destroy all your finely crafted audio masterpieces."Verdict: "The MB-5 Dynamix is a clean and efficient multi-band compressor that really shines in respect to its usability. Quick to set up and with clear metering, it’s a nicely presented, professional tool."
"As most know, I'm a multiband compressor junkie! From my first review, the MB-5 Dynamix has to be the most complex multi I have seen in regards to the overall control on each band. Based off of the quality and performce of the other Blue Cat plug-ins I own, the MB-5 Dynamix will probably turn out to be my go-to multi-comp.
Prefer the MB-5 Dynamix over the UA Precision Multiband: I'm finding that I can push the MB-5 Dynamix a little harder before I get the artifacts and the additional parameters allows for extensive tweaking.
Comparisons between MB-5 Dynamix and iZotope's MultiBand Compressor: iZotope has been my first go-to for multi-comp's. MB-5 Dynamix beats it out. I really like having that extra band in the MB-5 Dynamix and the ability to select the crossover slope for each band is a major plus. Oh, and I have only touched the surface of what the MB-5 Dynamix can do.
[...] I have stopped doing comparisons with the MB-5 Dynamix and my other multi-band compressors. It's not worth the time. The MB-5 Dynamix is just better. I started experimenting with the "Cross-Band Side Chaining" function. Wow, talk about a serious!"- , bassist, producer and author (www.byronsanto.com).
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or later).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or PowerPC processor.
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9), Moutain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The plug-in is regularly bypassed for a few seconds.