Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is an extremely powerful all-in-one multiband dynamics processor: it can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum. The unique dynamics processing section of the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in has been streamlined and integrated in this plug-in to process each one of the 5 bands separately.
The plug-in provides unique envelope detection capabilities that let one band trigger the dynamics response on others (internal side-chain). Combined with the advanced stereo features including mid/side processing and independent channels activation, it gives you full control over the dynamics of the signal for a wide range of effects.
An additional brick wall limiter/clipper protects the output for complete control over the dynamics response.
The plug-in provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what's exactly going on at every step of the dynamics processor: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels, dynamics response, compression ratio and in/out level of each band...
The user interface has been designed to streamline the workflow, and despite the wide range of functionalities offered by the plug-in, it is extremely easy to use. Inter-bands controls (copy/paste, link...) lets you create complex treatments with a few clicks.
Thanks to its advanced MIDI and automation output capabilities, Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is capable of advanced side-chaining features: you can control other plug-ins with the output of the dynamics processing stage for simple side chain dynamics effects or more advanced signal-dependent effects. Check out our MB-5 Dynamix Tutorials for more details.
If you are looking for a broadband dynamics processor, check out the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in.
Add to Cart
Typical applications: Multiband dynamics correction and modeling, mastering, loudness maximizing, dynamic equalization, de-essing, pop removal, multiband wave shaping, spectrum-based side chain effects.
- Full featured multiband dynamics processor: compressor, gate, limiter, expander, waveshaper.
- Up to 5 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 60 dB/Oct for optimal separation.
- Unique envelope routing capability for cross-band dynamics effects (one band may trigger another).
- Dry/wet control for parallel processing ("New York Compression").
- Stereo or mid-side processing with multiple channels linking options.
- Post brickwall limiter or waveshaper.
- Complete Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display.
- Easy copy/paste settings between bands.
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more.
- Plug-in window transparency management.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.
You can find more skins for this product here.
"Blue Cat Audio’s MB-5 Dynamix plug-in [...] is cleverly designed to be both sonically effective and visually informative, clearly borrowing from lessons learned developing the company’s popular Analysis Pack bundle.[...] A quick glance through the MB-5 Dynamix’s set of features illustrates the intelligent and thorough approach that has been taken in putting this plug-in together.[...]
Arguably the most impressive aspect of the MB-5 Dynamix is its ease of use. Pleasingly, this doesn’t mean that there’s any dumbing down of its features, but instead, it sports a cleverly designed interface that allows you to interact intuitively with each of the bands, as well as keeping a close eye (and ear) on the compression taking place.[...]
The sound of the MB-5 Dynamix is clean, functional and efficient.[...] The MB-5 Dynamix really sets itself apart in respect to its usability. [...] It is a safe and effective tool that will allow you to refine rather than destroy all your finely crafted audio masterpieces."Verdict: "The MB-5 Dynamix is a clean and efficient multi-band compressor that really shines in respect to its usability. Quick to set up and with clear metering, it’s a nicely presented, professional tool."
"As most know, I'm a multiband compressor junkie! From my first review, the MB-5 Dynamix has to be the most complex multi I have seen in regards to the overall control on each band. Based off of the quality and performce of the other Blue Cat plug-ins I own, the MB-5 Dynamix will probably turn out to be my go-to multi-comp.
Prefer the MB-5 Dynamix over the UA Precision Multiband: I'm finding that I can push the MB-5 Dynamix a little harder before I get the artifacts and the additional parameters allows for extensive tweaking.
Comparisons between MB-5 Dynamix and iZotope's MultiBand Compressor: iZotope has been my first go-to for multi-comp's. MB-5 Dynamix beats it out. I really like having that extra band in the MB-5 Dynamix and the ability to select the crossover slope for each band is a major plus. Oh, and I have only touched the surface of what the MB-5 Dynamix can do.
[...] I have stopped doing comparisons with the MB-5 Dynamix and my other multi-band compressors. It's not worth the time. The MB-5 Dynamix is just better. I started experimenting with the "Cross-Band Side Chaining" function. Wow, talk about a serious!"- , bassist, producer and author (www.byronsanto.com).
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or PowerPC processor.
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- One single instance of the plug-in per session.
- The plug-in is regularly bypassed for a few seconds.