So Blue Cat’s PatchWork V2 and MB-7 Mixer V3 are now available, but what’s new? Here is the full list of changes for these new versions:
New features for both plug-ins:
– Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
– Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
– Favorite plug-ins and their settings can be saved to be quickly reloaded later from a menu.
– Unused channels for each hosted plug-in can now be muted (instead of default pass-thru).
– Load/save native VST, VST3 or AU preset files.
– Missing VST & VST3 plug-ins are now automatically relocated.
– Presets and parameters menus are now split in sub menus instead of a single list.
– Additional user VST path to locate VST plug-ins is now available.
– Fully compatible with previous versions.
– Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
– Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
New for Blue Cat’s PatchWork V2:
– Hide plug-ins slots to minimize the plug-in.
– Lock GUI state and in/out gain to prevent changes when loading presets.
– Output gain is now always active, even when using a single PRE column.
– Exclusive solo mode for parallel chains.
– Show or hide all plug-ins editors with single click.
– Standalone application: drag and drop preset files on the application to load preset instantly on startup (and create shortcuts to launch app with a specific preset).
New for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer V3:
– Copy/paste and save band settings (including plug-ins) as sub-presets.
– Map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them in host or control them with MIDI.
– Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
– Band Controls Groups can now be identified by colors.
– Adjust contrast for spectrogram display.
– Spectrogram now keeps history when resized.
– Import spectrum curves for EQ compare & matching, and export EQ curves to share with other Blue Cat Audio plug-ins.
2 thoughts on “PatchWork V2 and MB-7 Mixer V3: What’s New?”
Where do we upgrade?
The details are in our previous post: How to Upgrade to PatchWork V2 or MB-7 Mixer V3.