With the release of Pro Tools 10, our partner AVID has announced a new plug-in format: Avid Audio eXtensions (AAX). With Pro Tools 11, AAX has now become 64-bit.
We have been working closely with AVID in order to deliver the best integration of our technology into Pro Tools. We are proud to announce that all our plug-ins are now compatible with the AAX platform (32 and 64-bit).
- Our plug-ins are AAX Native. They are currently not available for the AAX DSP platform.
- AAX and RTAS formats for the same version of a plug-in are fully compatible: you can still open your older Pro Tools sessions with the AAX versions installed!
So you are wondering which format you should download for your Pro Tools install?
- For Pro Tools 11, you need the 64-bit AAX version.
- For Pro Tools 10.3.5 and newer, you can use either the RTAS or the 32-bit AAX version (AAX recommended).
- For Pro Tools 10.3.4 and earlier, you need the RTAS version (latest AAX releases require PT 10.3.5 to run).
Note: on Mac, 32-bit and 64-bit AAX versions are packaged together into a single plug-in, so there is no separate download.
The plug-ins below are both 32 and 64-bit AAX, so you can use them in both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools 11. For older version of Pro Tools, you can still download the plug-ins in RTAS format.