Blue Cat’s PatchWork 2.3 is here, with drag and drop support for plug-ins. Let’s see how to use this new feature to streamline your workflow!
We live in a world with many guitarists, tons of tools and a lot of options to record our beloved guitars. Yet I feel we spend more time practicing than tweaking our sounds, while the tone is actually as important as the notes we play. Let’s take the example of guitar icon Jimi Hendrix. He spent literally nights in between gigs tweaking sounds with his recording engineer, and his tone was legend!
For sure tone is subjective, and it depends also on how you play, but there are a few tricks that can help you to get the best out of your guitar using today’s DAW based recording software.
Here are my top 8 points which I hope can help you to achieve a better tone : Continue reading
Please vote for your favorite solos (like the video on YouTube), and feel free to post your own )before november 15th!), there is a lot to win!
We are glad to announce that our software is compatible with MacOS 10.14 “Mojave”.
Although we usually do not recommend upgrading your production machine until Apple’s system is fully debugged and compatible with your host applications and various plug-ins, you should not have major problems using our software with this new version today, with a few limitations in dark mode (see below for more details).
We are happy to announce our first guitar contest with the opportunity to win our acclaimed guitar & audio software Blue Cat’s Axiom, Destructor, Axe Pack and All Plug-Ins Pack, with a backing track provided by JTC (jtcguitar.com) and written by Martin Miller (martinmillerguitar.com).
All you need to do is record yourself playing your own guitar solo on the JTC backing track, using one of our amp simulations plug-ins: Blue Cat’s Free Amp, or the demo of Blue Cat’s Destructor or Axiom. Upload your video to your YouTube account and share it on the Blue Cat Audio Facebook page. 10 players will be selected from the YouTube likes, and the final jury (composed by Martin Miller and the Blue Cat Audio team) will vote for the 4 winners.
The contest will be running from September 17th until November 15th 2018, so get started, record your best solo and share it with us! 🙂
Entry Rules :
- Download the Blue Cat Audio Free Amp here (or the demo version of Destructor or Axiom). Tip: you can use our other free plug-ins too!
- Download the Jam Track Central backing track here.
- Record a video with your solo along with the above JTC backing track and upload it to your YouTube account using the tag #bluecataudiogiveaway and post the YouTube link on the official Blue Cat Audio Facebook page.
- Only one entry per person.
- A pre-selection of 10 players will be done based on YouTube likes.
- Submissions are to be entered in before November 15th, 2018.
- For the final selection, Martin Miller, Jean Fontanille, Hans Van Even and the Blue Cat Audio team will vote for the top 4 entries.
- Grab your guitar and enjoy! 😉
The prize packages includes:
- 1st place: A full license of Blue Cat’s All Plugins Pack value $1199
- 2nd place: A full license of Blue Cat’s Axe Pack value $299
- 3rd place: A full license of Blue Cat Audio’s new Axiom plugin value $199
- 4th place: A full license of Blue Cat Audio’s acclaimed Destructor plugin value $99
Guitar backing track written by Martin Miller and kindly provided by Jam Track Central (www.jtcguitar.com – all rights reserved) to use for the Blue Cat Audio Guitar Contest 2018.
Blue Cat Audio is back online! We apologize if you experienced any downtime in the past 24 hours: we have moved servers and we are now back online, with a much faster website.
If you need to access effects parameters quickly with Blue Cat’s Axiom, you don’t need to launch the plug-in editor every time: you can control the plug-ins that are loaded in the pre and post amp sections directly from the main user interface.
This feature works for both built-in effect plug-ins and third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins. Controls display can be made active or inactive using the following toolbar buttons:
So Blue Cat’s Axiom is now available… wow, that’s great! Wait a minute… What’s up with this new effects processor / amp simulation?
Why do we, guitarists and bassists, need yet another piece of software to take care of our precious tone?
Let’s figure it out with this Q&A with our founder, Guillaume Jeulin: